2020/2021 NEXT Canada Alumni Ambassador
NEXT Canada is looking for high impact, influential individuals to become NEXT Alumni Ambassadors.
If you enjoy communicating with prospective entrepreneurs both online and offline to spread the word about NEXT programs, this role is for you. To be a successful Alumni Ambassador, you will represent NEXT at various info sessions, booths, and virtual events, as well as leverage your personal/professional networks to feed high quality applicants into our pipeline. You will also be introduced to various prospects, who will look up to you to learn more about your experience going through the NEXT program. Throughout the NEXT program recruitment season, you will be working closely with the Alumni Success Officer and the Recruitment & Community Manager.
Ultimately, you should be able to increase NEXT Canada’s brand awareness and generate new pipeline opportunities, helping to grow both the quality and quantity of applicants to NEXT programs. NEXT Ambassadors generate 30% of all leads into the pipeline. Alumni Ambassadors will get the inside scoop on how the recruitment pipeline works and will be the first touch points for future entrepreneurs.
- Next 36: 8
- Next AI: 4
- Next Founders: 1
Commitment: Approximately 6-8 hours/week throughout recruitment season.
- Next 36: August 19 – October 14, 2020
- Next AI: September 14, 2020 – November 14, 2020
- Next Founders: February – March 2021 (exact dates TBD)
- Attend a mandatory Alumni ambassador training session on Monday, August 17th from 3:30-5pm;
- Refer high impact entrepreneurs into NEXT programs and share your NEXT journey/experience with prospects;
- Attend recruitment events such as, but not limited to: virtual NEXT info sessions, booths, partner workshops, and panels;
- Contribute to NEXT Canada’s storytelling, through social media takeovers and written blog posts;
- Attend speaker engagement opportunities;
- Share ideas about how to increase effectiveness of NEXT Alumni Ambassador program and suggest advertising and positioning ideas;
- Provide feedback to NEXT Canada’s Recruitment & Community Manager regarding entrepreneurs’ requests;
- Help NEXT increase breadth and diversity of entrepreneurial groups engaged during recruitment season and increase the diversity of the applicant pool;
- Share YOUR entrepreneurial journey.
- A NEXT Canada current cohort member or alumni (from any year or program)
- Believes in the NEXT Canada mission
- Proven NEXT champion, leader, and actively engaged throughout the program
- Well networked within the startup and academic communities
- Passionate about uplifting other entrepreneurs
- Strong social media presence on multiple platforms preferred
- Experience creating online content
- Excellent communication skills
- An outgoing, warm, friendly personality, and a desire to meet new people
- Ability to work on a variable schedule
Compensation: Alumni Ambassadors will be compensated on a reward-based structure. Compensation will be determined based on the number of qualified prospects referred into the program and participation in NEXT speaking engagements.
|Applicant referral||$150/applicant. If an applicant gets admitted into the program, you will be awarded another $200 per acceptance.|
|Panel discussion / workshop||$200|
If you are interested, please submit your LinkedIn CV and a one-page proposal outlining your virtual recruitment strategy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your proposal should detail your strategy for increasing the quality of applicants to the program you are (or will be) an alumni of. Deadline to apply is noon August 7.
NEXT Canada values diversity in our workplace, as well as our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic.
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone.