Panel: Built With Purpose
Friday, May 29, 2020 | 12:00PM | Zoom
Join us for an intimate and interactive conversation with 3 founders who have built successful ventures “with purpose”. They’ll discuss why they’ve focussed on solving global or societal issues and how building a venture grounded in purpose is integral to long term, scalable success. Tune in virtually to hear their founder stories, learn tactical tips for building your own purpose driven venture and gain insight into what’s next – how they’ll continue to tackle and solve big problems amidst an evolving consumer landscape.
Panelists: Sage Franch (Co-founder/CEO, Crescendo), Josh Domingues (Founder/CEO, Flashfood), Alyssa Atkins (Founder/CEO, Lilia),
Moderated by: Jennifer Couldrey, Executive Director of The Upside Foundation
Startupfest: Next 36 Young Entrepreneur Award
Pitch to Next 36 alumni and mentor judges for your chance to win an exclusive founder spot in the 2021 Cohort of Next 36, Canada’s premiere program for developing young entrepreneurs delivered by NEXT Canada.
Eligibility Criteria: Open to any senior post-secondary student or recent grad. Pitch your existing pre-seed venture or an early-stage startup idea you have. Submit a 3 minute video, highlighting both venture idea and your individual entrepreneurial experience and strengths as a founder.
The Fine Print: One spot in the 2021 Cohort of the Next 36 – Canada’s top program for idea to pre-seed startups founded by students or recent grads. Participation includes:
– Up to 50K in seed funding
– Workspace in NEXT Canada’s Toronto HQ from May to August 2021
– Dedicated mentorship and access to business leaders and advisors
– A curriculum designed to help a founder grow and succeed
The Timeline: Deadline to apply is July 17th.
Startupfest: Next AI Top Startup Award
One spot in either the Toronto or Montreal 2021 Cohort of Next AI, Canada’s premiere accelerator for idea to pre-seed stage AI-enabled startups– powered by NEXT Canada.
– Up to $150K in funding
– Workspace at Next AI HQ in either downtown Toronto or MileEx Montreal
– Access to dedicated mentorship and advisory resources
– Focused business and technical curriculum designed to help founders grow their ventures
– Support (where possible) through the Startup Visa Program
Here’s how it works: Pitch to Next AI alumni, scientists and mentor judges from both Toronto and Montreal for your chance to win an exclusive venture spot in the 2021 Cohort of Next AI! Canada’s premiere startup accelerator for AI-enabled businesses.
Submit a 3 minute video, highlighting:
– The problem your venture is solving
– Evidence there is a market for your solution
– Any existing traction (prototype, funding, revenue, etc.)
– Evidence that you are the team to solve it (both from a technical and business perspective)
– Clear explanation of how artificial intelligence is critical to the solution
– Which city is your preference to participate in
Eligibility criteria: Open to any early stage AI-enabled startup (usually pre-seed or idea stage, but flexible).
The Timeline: Deadline to apply is August 28th.